Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summer Quiche



Quiche is one of my favorite things to bake and I decided it was time for some end-of-summer taste of quiche. I love to make my own crust, and this time tried an herbed crust, adding parsley, thyme and savory. Lots of butter made it super rich and hopefully extra flaky. I was planning on making one, possibly two quiches but ended up with extra dough, so here goes three!


All the fixin's for tasty quiche! Bacon, mushrooms,spinach, green onion, monterey jack, colby and mild cheddar cheese. While I was prepping these, the crusts were pre-baking in the oven.


Seven eggs and two plus cups of low fat half and half were whisked with salt, pepper and a bit of nutmeg.


I set up a quiche "production line" to move things along...


All filled up and into the oven to bake...


Here are the three lovelies all baked, smelling wonderful and cooling off...

                                                                                  
A delightful summer dinner. Enjoy the taste of summer while you can!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a real big fan of Quiche, but this looks yummy! I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! the old adage "real men don't eat quiche" need not apply!

    ReplyDelete